Monday 25 October 2021

New top story on Hacker News: Ask HN: Can you please add transcription to vocal messages in messaging apps?

Ask HN: Can you please add transcription to vocal messages in messaging apps?
18 by nassimsoftware | 3 comments on Hacker News.
I know that there are employees of big tech companies lurking around here. I have a feature request. Can you please add the ability to see the transcript of a vocal message on messaging apps like Teams, Signal, Telegram, Messenger, Discord, Slack, Whatsapp, etc? I know that live transcription is already a thing so it must be feasible, right? This feature would be super useful to see what was said without having to playback a bunch of vocal messages. I had the idea of doing this myself a long time ago but I basically needed to recreate the entire messaging infrastructure just to add this feature. So I donate the idea here.

No comments:

Post a Comment